Thank you to everyone who participated in the first organizational meeting. It was nice to meet/see you all.
To keep on track, let’s recap what you need to do this month:
- Download the CK01A Standard/Honors Home School Chemistry Laboratory Kit manual at The Home Scientist, LLC.
- Obtain a copy of Introductory Chemistry (4th Edition) by Nivaldo J. Tro.
- Round up the following supplies:
- One pair splash goggles per student
- Chemical resistant nitrile or latex gloves (If you interested in learning more about gloves try this fact sheet from Grainger)
- Bound notebook (not 3-ring)
Optional: Download the free online textbook CK-12 Chemistry (Second Ed.) We can use it as a resource.
Note: There are other free online textbooks under the “Flexbook® Textbooks” tab at the CK-12 website.
We will start using some of these items next month as we prepare for the first laboratory.
Please leave a comment if you have any questions.
A little chemistry humor:
Two atoms were walking down the street when the first one exclaimed, ” Oh, no, I just lost an electron.”
“Are you sure?” the second atom said.
“I’m positive,” the first one said.